Poslovi - Oglas za posao
Software Developer HQ BiH, L7
Tuzla, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and HerzegovinaFull timeRef. 08/2021
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
- Under the overall guidance of the Director of Data Systems and Data Coordination and reporting to the Head of Database Software Development Unit, the Software Developer's main duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain in-house software solutions by complying with SOP, project plans and industry standards
- Create user manuals for iDMS applications
- Research new technologies and potential improvements of front-end/back-end components of ICMP applications
- Develop data and security protection strategies on application level
- Create custom reports which are not included in ICMP applications as requested by ICMP’s management or users
- Establish communication channels with users and professional experts in order to collect information required for development of new applications
- Write code documentation
- Review test results and fixing technical problems
- Contribute to technical design and progress meetings
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Education in Computer Science, Technical Sciences, Software engineering or similar
- Six years of previous professional experience
- Proven experience in software development industry
- Problem solving, organization skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Experience with C#, JQuery, HTML, CSS, .NET Framework (Web Forms and MVC) and SAP Crystal Reports
- Ability to write document requirements and specifications
- Experience with writing and analyzing SQL Queries
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (BCS) and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality or gender
- Ability to travel at short notice and to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Commitment to the underlying objective of helping the authorities and families of the missing to account for missing persons in an impartial and transparent manner.
This is a full-time position with a competitive base salary at the LES 7level on the ICMP Western Balkans scale, generous paid leave and extensive health insurance benefits for the incumbent and any eligible dependent.
This position is not eligible for expatriate allowances.
ICMP is committed to maintaining an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. ICMP believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a thoroughly diverse range of candidates. ICMP is proud to be part of the International Gender Champions network.