Poslovi - Oglas za posao
RUBICON is a software development company from Sarajevo. We are a young and talented team that enjoys challenges and luckily we're constantly looking for motivated people interested in software development to join us. We offer flexible working hours, a remote-first approach, and fun team building activities.
Our Remote-First Approach
RUBICON has transitioned from working in our Sarajevo office to fully prioritizing a remote-first environment. Since the beginning of the pandemic, we’ve given our team members the opportunity to work from the comfort of their homes in order to protect their health and safety. As a team that values strong communication, leadership, and respect we’ve had a smooth transition switching to a remote working environment. Join our team and work from anywhere in Bosnia & Herzegovina. To learn more about our remote policies, feel free to contact us.
About the Site Reliability Engineer Position
Site Reliability Engineering is a role that is highly skilled at the intersection of Software Engineering and System Engineering for large networked systems. The term was invented originally by Google to address their service availability and has since become the stand bearer for software engineering teams operating Internet-scale, mission-critical products requiring 24x7 availability.
Site Reliability Engineer responsibilities are:
- Instrument application performance management and observability platform that allows the entire engineering team to attune to deviation in performance
- Create high-quality alerts based on business-centric performance metric including uptime, error rate, performance baseline, infrastructure load metrics
- Improve automation and reduce operational toil. We practice Infrastructure as Code so most automation will be written in code
- Actively participate in architecture, design reviews, and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
Site Reliability Engineer requirements are:
- Software engineering skills
- Familiarity with myriad services and solution architecture using AWS
- You love to learn, especially about how software interacts with networked systems including polyglot databases, data pipeline, messaging, and third party services.
- You have a deep interest in understanding systems and application design
- Programming skills in Python and shell scripting language
- Experience with APM tools like New Relic, Data Dog, and understanding the difference between APM vs Infrastructure monitoring tools is preferred.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, AWS)
If you think you have what it takes and are up for a challenge, APPLY HERE to be a part of our team!