Poslovi - Oglas za posao
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f)
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Ref. Nr. 050/2017
Location: Tuzla, BiH
Start of Contract: ASAP
Category of Staff: Locally Engaged
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. Be part of a growing international organization that is dedicated to tackling this global challenge.
The aim of The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) Syria Program is to establish the foundations for an effective and sustainable mechanism to address the issue of the missing in a future post-conflict Syria. The program will focus on:
- contributing to increased understanding among victims, civil society and key stakeholders regarding processes, standards and rights of victims and survivors who are involved in accounting for missing persons
- establishing the conditions to launch a participative process of data collection that empowers and engages families of the missing
- increasing the capacity of Syrian families, legal experts and other stakeholders to foster an impartial and law-based approach to accounting for missing persons in post-conflict Syria.
To learn more about ICMP click here.
ICMP is looking for a motivated Software Quality Assurance Engineer to develop a strong quality assurance system within the software development units. We are seeking experienced individual to help create testing and validation strategies to ensure the reliability and robustness of multiple applications developed by the ICMP.
Reporting to the Director of Data Systems, the main duties and responsibilities of the Software Quality Assurance Engineer are:
- Responsible for the creation of a strong quality assurance system within the software development team of the ICMP;
- Ensuring that the desktop and web-based applications developed at the ICMP comply with this QA system and follow best practices for software development;
- Developing test project plans, test logs, test schedule, test plans, and detailed test cases as well as automatisation of test cases;
- Executing and coordinating the execution of test cases according to defined test plans and ensuring that software quality meets the specified project requirements;
- Responsible for generating Software Validation Report;
- Generation of defect reports and tracking the corrective actions performed on reported defects;
- Assisting in collection and generation of official project documentation;
- Reviewing existing infrastructure and systems and proposing changes to meet the QA system and Data Systems departments’ requirements;
- Managing the day to day tasks related to software Quality Assurance, including but not limited to coordinating control and documentation of changes for existing and applications in development, and coordinating the effective resolution of anomalies and defects in cooperation with the application development teams;
- Assistance with proposal writing and grant reporting on specific projects;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in technical sciences or engineering;
- Minimum of three years of experience with the following:
- Leading team(s) of software testers on complex software development projects;
- Integrated system software testing;
- Planning and coordinating testing and validation activities;
- Deep knowledge of Application Development Lifecycles and concepts;
- Experience in the following technical areas is required:
- Programming in any object oriented, query and scripting languages;
- Automated testing tools (desired experience with Selenium testing tools).
- Proven experience in all aspects of functional, integration and regression testing;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical and documentation skills;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken (Selected applicants will undergo language skills testing);
- Eexcellent knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Proven ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality or gender;
HOW TO APPLY: By email, send a Curriculum Vitae with cover letter and three work related references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the vacancy number in the subject line.
The vacancy will close on 21 November 2017.
ICMP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.