Poslovi - Oglas za posao
Logistics Assistant (m/f)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a qualified and motivated Logistics Assistant who will facilitate provision of basic humanitarian assistance to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in BiH.
About the organisation
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been working in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1992 and closed its office in the country at the end of January 2010. In July 2018, DRC re-opened its mission responding to increasing and priority needs of Person of Concern (PoCs) in close cooperation with the BiH Authorities. More specifically, DRC BiH focuses on improving the access to primary and secondary health care, including psychosocial and mental health services to PoCs, as well as on enhancing the overall protective environment for PoCs, with particular focus on case management in SGBV and timely outreach response to the rights violations at the borders. DRC has its main office in Sarajevo and the activities implemented in Una-Sana, Herzegovina- Neretva, Sarajevo Canton and Tuzla Canton.
Position: Logistics Assistant
Duty Station of the Logistics Assistant: Sarajevo, with frequent travels to USC, TC, HNC
Period of engagement: December 2019 – March 2020
Basic functions: The main task of the Logistics Assistant is to provide support to quality, timely and effective logistics and transportation activities of the DRC staff;
Reference: Logistics Assistant refers directly to the Head of Support Services
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Operate the vehicle and take care about security of beneficiaries and commodities during the field trip;
- Assist the DRC health and protection related staff in preparation and implementation of transport and logistics need-based activities in the scope of TA’s 8-hour work within 8:00a.m.- 10.00p.m daily running project activities and as per a prior approved notice given by DRC Head of Support Services and Programme Manager;
- Be responsible to implement the pick & drop schedule of commodities from and to the prescribed destination and take care of their safety and comfort;
- Perform any other logistics and vehicle maintenance duties as assigned by Head of Support Services and Programme Manager and/or the assigned Project Officer including the checking of the vehicle mechanical status prior to and after each trip;
- Drive within official country driving regulation, implement and strictly act upon the DRC transport policy approved by the management;
- Facilitate that the personnel structure is always in a position where all the logistic matters can be solved in a smooth way;
- Ensure that the principles of professionalism exist among the project staff while operating vehicles;
- Ensure that the proper inventory of all components of vehicles are maintained and checked regularly;
- Ensure that the preventive maintenance and servicing schedule of vehicles is followed;
- Keep records (log books) on driving routes and realized tasks;
- Be collaborative due to other local and central stakeholders' priorities and requests for a need response, having consulted the supervisory DRC staff beforehand.
Qualification and skills:
- Secondary level education, additional diploma or certificate in Logistics will be an advantage;
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities;
- Ability to keep clear and concise records;
- Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient;
- Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions;
- Excellent communcation skills;
- Very good written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Valid driving licence.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant job experience
Demonstration of DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Professional Experience - Key Competencies
- Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Has ability to assess and analyse the situation and carry out follow-up actions
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of the project work
- Shows self-control, perseverance and resilience in the face of pressure or adversity
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, disability and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Establishes lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with actors
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries.
We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
You can apply HERE.